Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sunday, June 3 - Kelsey Blakley

My sweet husband brought the laptop, and the hotel has complimentary Internet service. That's the good news. The bad news is I left the completed puzzle in the car, so there's not much I can say about it...

except that I thought it was great fun!

Theme answers were ordinary expressions, clued as the occupation of the person clued. (Remember, I'm pulling this off the top of my head). After I got the first theme answer, the rest seemed to fall into place. Let's see how many I can remember.

Leonardo daVinci? (Master of Arts)

Annie Oakley? (shooting star)

Tiger Woods? (ace of clubs)

Sigmund Freud? (wizard of id)

Okay, so four is all I can remember. I know I have the puzzle constructor's first name correct, but I'm not sure about the last. If this is a test of my memory, I think I get a D.

Some engaging fill as well, but I'll have to leave that to the other bloggers. See the links in the sidebar.

Just couldn't stay away from this place...

Linda G

3 comments:

Norrin2 said...

Did you print this one out on 2 pages? How did that work for you?

Anonymous said...

Linda here -- I did print it out on two pages. It was almost strange to see it so big! It was a bit harder to handle in the car, but I think it will be great when I do it at home next week.

Now I need to download Across Lite on my sister's computer so I can print out the Monday puzzle. Hope she doesn't mind.

cornbread hell said...

the dallas paper had the theme as "dinner theater" which didn't really slow me down, but it was confusing.

some great words here. nescient, recto, ormolu and of course i loved the phrase: master o' farts.