Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yes, I'm still on sabbatical, but this post had to be written.

Fellow blogger JimH (okay, he's active...I'm slacktive) once said that his favorite posts were ones written by others. So I figured I'd take his advice and try that myself.

Some of you may have seen the comment posted early this morning by KarmaSartre...a somewhat new but very dedicated reader of Madness. It's worthy of its own post, so here it is in its entirety. Fans of "High Noon" may recall the original version.

**********

Do not forsake me, darlin' blogger
On this extra-puzzlin' day
Do not forsake me, darlin' blogger
Write, write your blog

I‘ve no idea just what the theme is
I only know I must be brave
And I must deal with this puzzle
I’ll try to grasp it, and try to solve it
Or lie a coward in my grave

Now I know you’re torn 'tweenst love and duty
But the blogosphere lost its fair-haired beauty
I’ll try to get my puzzle finished
Before high noon

Will he keeps the answers hidden
Vowed it would be my brain or his'n
I'm not afraid to lose, but ooh
My grid’s lookin’ empty, without you

Do not forsake me darlin' blogger
You promised to take us on a ride
Do not forsake us darli’n blogger
Just know I’m grievin', because you’re leavin'
You know I need you by my side

Write, write your blog….

Your devoted reader, Frankie Laine.


**********

Thank you, KarmaSartre. I have definitely missed writing...mostly I've missed hearing from all of you. I'm not ready to dive into the blogosphere...although if Friday's a Mike Nothnagel puzzle, I may have no choice but to blog it.

Keep on puzzling...and I'll see you soon.

Linda G

No comments: